This evening, I pulled out the sump/refugium under the 29g reef to make a couple of alterations. I needed to trim the baffle before the return section about half an inch, to create a slight downhill momentum so the water in the refugium would not tend to stagnate.
My 10,000K XM bulbs arrived today, so I swapped them out with the one year old 10,000K Ushios. I got them for a good price, and now I just hope they have the right coloration so the tank looks good again.
All the powerheads were cleaned today. Next project is all the return pumps.
Running the T-5s today, I noticed two things. The tank looked the same as when I've run VHO actinics, so the new bulbs are working out perfectly. The other thing I noticed is the tank is running a half degree lower than usual, and that is a good thing. Less heat, less wattage, same look!