NOTE: 12-12-19: The ApexEL is currently on backorder. Full Apex systems are in stock, ready to ship.<-- Click here.
The real pleasures of an aquarium are often overshadowed by the struggle of upkeep. Worse yet, aquatic animals are unnecessarily sacrificed everyday when parameters like temperature drift into lethal ranges due to failed equipment or other mishaps. A proper monitoring and control system for your aquarium solves both these problems. And while the Apex has been out for years, we wanted to create a more affordable, entry-level model for our customers – this is the ApexEL.
The ApexEL System includes probes for Temperature and pH. The pH probe is double-junction as well so it holds calibration longer and has a longer lifespan than single-junction probes.
The ApexEL makes keeping your aquarium easier while also monitoring key parameters such as temperature, pH, and the health of your connected equipment, for $500
APEXel – THE ENTRY LEVEL APEX
- Lower cost version of its big-brother Apex
- Prevents catastrophes by monitoring temperature and pH in your aquarium, takes corrective actions for you, and alerts you via your smart phone when things go off track.
- Monitors your equipment – ensuring it is operating correctly at all times – and lets you know when it’s not.
- iPhone, iPad, or Android app controlled. Also works on PC or Mac using any common web browser.
- Tracks your manual test results, maintenance, livestock purchases, and tank observations and helps you correlate issues in your aquarium to the things that are happening inside.
- Manages the full operation of equipment (lights, pumps, filters, ATO, etc.) on your tank with simple setup “Tasks” and an easy to use app.
- Takes the place of many costly and cumbersome discrete components such as light timers, heater controllers, pump controllers, etc.
- Expandable – Add more monitoring and control features as well as specialized Apex-ecosystem hardware as your needs require
- Gives you the peace of mind to know how your aquarium is doing, instantly, from anywhere in the world.
The ApexEL is a self-contained monitoring platform built for reliability – for when things go wrong – It’s not just a toy to play with when everything is A-OK.
A perfect example of this is that unlike other cloud-based IoT devices or aquarium controllers, every ApexEL has a built in web-server (tech talk for its control software and built-in web interface) with complete functionality – even if the internet is down! This is important, see why. . .
Let’s say you have a power outage and want your aquarium to take the appropriate actions to maintain the fish and corals for the longest time possible. Or, what if the internet is down (or a company’s cloud servers) and you simply want to manually turn on your lights or turn off your skimmer.
Some aquarium devices work ONLY via their online cloud service, so when the internet is down or slow, you are out of luck. With the ApexEL, even if the internet is down, your tank will continue operating without interruption and you still can have complete control locally from your mobile device.
Both the ApexEL and the Energy Bar 832 have an innovative attachment system that makes it easy to mount them up and also give convenient access to all the connections. The Apex mounts with just two screws. It has a hinged mount where you can flip it up, make your connections, and then flip it down, making it more difficult for water to enter the electronics via a cable. The Energy Bar 832 has a mounting bracket you screw to the wall with just three screws and then the Energy Bar slides down onto the bracket.
Full details: Click here