This is the first filter that traps sediment and sand before any of the other filters. Be sure to install this in the Stage 1 position of your RO system, which is the first housing to fill up from your water source.
Sediment Filter - 5 micron - 10" x 2.5"
- 5 uM, sediment spun filter from 100% melt blown polypropylene
- Sediment, sand, sitl, dirt, and dust particle removal
- Material conforms to FDA grade NSF42 certified filter component
- Operational Pressure / Temp: 120 PSI / 140°F (60°C)
- Suggested usage life: 3 months depending on local tap water
Melev's tip: Change this filter when it becomes discolored. As it traps particulates and gets clogged up, water pressure thereafter will drop and may cause the membrane to be less efficient. This filter should never appear brown (something I see so often), so change it! What's it like to breathe with a stuffy nose? Difficult. Similarly, make sure the sediment filter can breathe and keep your system running properly.
Industry standard filter size