The Copperband Butterfly fish that I purchased near the end of December was finally taken out of quarantine and put in the 280g reef. During its time in the quarantine tank, it broke out with some white cottony specks that were attached to the extremities of its fins, and these finally dropped off over a 24 hour period last week. It has been eating mysis with glee during the past month, so I'm hoping it will have the energy and mass to handle the interaction with the rest of my fish now.
A close call...
When I got back in town, I found the Golden Eel in my son's tank on the wrong side of the tank's partitian, over by the clownfish where I don't want it. I moved the partitian over, so it would swim back to its side and all was well.
I made a small cube a while back that was supposed to be a refugium. Well, it was too small for the application, so I decided to use it for quarantine from time to time. Usually it is empty, but lately there is some LR and a few ricordia and other bits of life doing their thing.
I decided to use one of the refugium lightbulbs I recommend over this tank, but didn't have a nice way to keep it suspended. Today, I decided to make a light bracket with some acrylic. :D
Here's an interesting update.
Meet Casper, the newest addition to the Pico tank.
And here are a bunch of images taken: Late-night Photography
I was looking in my tank by flashlight, and came across some stuff I'd not seen before. So I'll post those as well as some other things that were kodak-worthy. ;)
I bought some new zoos today during Tranquil Scape's one day sale. They are really pretty, and I didn't want to put them in the main tank since my livestock tends to enjoy checking things a little too, ah... thoroughly. I even got a blue polyp or two. ;)
So I set up my Fry Tank, the one I've been hoping to keep baby clownfish in one day. Since I can't get the hatchlings, I decided to put it to use for now. I might even get the Clown Goby out of my tank and put it in this little pico tank.
Here is the new clownfish fry tank. It is only good for the first couple of weeks, to raise the babies while very tiny.
I built this in anticipation for the eggs that the clowns produced 7 days ago, but while I was working on this project, they hatched. I'll have to wait for the next clutch of eggs.
First, with the moonlight.
Now, under normal lighting.
A Frogspawn Growth Sequence
Originaly, the coral was a single head, slightly oval-shaped when I got it.
April 2004 - you can see the mouth. I actually fed it tiny bits of shrimp occasionally.
May 2004 - for sense of scale, here it is in my 29g.