Submitted by melev on Mon, 03/20/2006 - 14:33
I'm about to try a new product in my reef tank called Prodibio. It comes from France, and there are a few different types of additives I'll be utilizing. With a 90 day supply, I hope to see if there is any discernible change with this product line. Thus, I took a bunch of pictures and put them on a webpage, so I can compare against them later. This page has roughly 6 megs worth of images, so consider yourself warned. ;)
Submitted by melev on Thu, 03/09/2006 - 11:12
Here are the pictures from the drilling project. I have to tell you, it was much easier that I expected, but then again I wasn't aiming for perfection nor was I scared what might happen. I already had the tank and was ready to give it a shot.
I used a DeWalt cordless drill, and expected the battery would never keep up. I had a back up battery ready. Surprisingly, one battery drilled both holes, and it wasn't even freshly charged.
Submitted by melev on Mon, 01/30/2006 - 13:06
Last Saturday, our club hosted Next Wave 2006. 175 hobbyists showed up to be taught by Julian Sprung(author and owner of Two Little Fishies), Robert Fenner (author and owner of WetWebMedia), Jorge Gomezjurado (owner of dracomarine.com), and Anthony Calfo (author and aqua-culturist). The day went very well, and everyone had a good time. As president of the DFWMAS, it was very important to me that everyone get the most out of it.
Submitted by melev on Thu, 12/08/2005 - 13:34
I thought I'd show you guys my new auto top off system. It isn't a huge change, but it is nicer than before.
First I went to Home Depot and bought more wrapping paper rubbermaid containers. At Walmart these cost $9.99, but at Home Depot they were under $5 each. I bought three, but after placing them in the fish room, they still took up a little too much space. So I used two, and the third one is holding wrapping paper at the moment.
Submitted by melev on Wed, 10/19/2005 - 14:04
Here's a video from tonight's water change. It is a 14 meg file, so dialup should Save As.
A Pico Water Change
Submitted by melev on Wed, 04/27/2005 - 16:00
Submitted by melev on Fri, 09/03/2004 - 04:10
I documented my 280g 14-day Upgrade Project. It is a 5.6meg webpage, so dial-up will probably not be able to download this page (browser error for sure) with all 111 images.
Submitted by melev on Tue, 07/20/2004 - 01:25
If you read my last entry, you knew something was in the works. In the next week or two, I'm going to be upgrading from my 29g and my 55g to a 280g Starfire tank. This is exciting and a bit nerve-wracking as I'm going to have to prepare the spot for the tank.
Submitted by melev on Wed, 05/26/2004 - 02:45
This evening, I pulled out the sump/refugium under the 29g reef to make a couple of alterations. I needed to trim the baffle before the return section about half an inch, to create a slight downhill momentum so the water in the refugium would not tend to stagnate. Microbubbles have been collecting there on a daily basis, and I've been swishing around a piece of plastic to stir up the surface daily. Once the sump was drained of most of the water, I took it into the garage and masked off as much as possible to avoid dropping any acrylic shavings into the refugium.